Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ron English exhibit at Frank M. Doyle Arts Pavilion.


Met up with my friends last night for the Ron English opening at the Frank M. Doyle Arts Pavilion located on the Orange Coast College campus. Not many know of this gallery which is unfortunate. I have been here in the past for other shows but this show was hands down the best of the three that I had been to. The show runs through December 17, 2010. If you get a chance it is a must see. Over 100 pieces of his work and one great documentary video covering his work.  The Kogi truck was on hand along with the Longboard Ice Cream truck a perk for the hungry. Anyhoo... It's worth a visit! The sculptures of the army men were awesome!

my fav. I think of the surrealist artist Rene Magritte when I saw this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post!
- Christina Sanchez