Thursday, April 22, 2010

My most recent trinkets...

Here is a peek into my most recent trinket making.  I recently stayed up till 2AM busy making earrings, and necklaces. I really am into the asymmetrical look so you will find that many of my pieces are made this way. Many reasons for this. One, I like things that are differnt and if you want something bland and dull then one could go to Claires or Forever 21.. I like to mix it up. I will tie pieces in together like I did with my recent piece (the first one) called "Eternity".. I tied it in my using the faux pearls and staying with a muted out gold tone. The cross was a symbol of love, remembrance and faith. I made this piece in the fashion of that of "mourning art". It was common to use a photo of a deceased loved one and make jewelry out of it. Most commonly photographs were worn as button pins, brooches with a lock of hair of the deceased and most common in the 1930's and 1940's were used as rings using the resin Bakelite. So, here is my take on the art of mourning jewelry in which I like to call "Eternity Art"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post!
- Christina Sanchez