Friday, July 29, 2011

Downtown Santa Ana keeps getting better! Fashion Bazaar & the East Village Inauguration



I (Le Modern Trinket) am excited to be added on the list of handmade vendors for the upcoming "Fashion Bazaar" presented by the OC Fashion Association on Saturday August 6th in Downtown Santa Ana (artist village) for the inauguration of the East Village. I have seen Santa Ana undergo so many changes in the last 6.5 years that I am so happy to see the expansion and growth of the downtown area. Business's  are moving into the area, people are flocking to the area for the awesome restaurants, bars, pubs, galleries, art walk and now with the recent addition of the East Village Lofts people are moving into the area. More exciting is the grand re-opening of the Yost Theater a venue that used to be a music venue then a theater then a church and now back to a music venue. I saw MUM here a little over a year ago!

 I remember when this place was a ghost town and now it's a thriving community. I love DTSA and especially love the areas surrounding like French Park and Floral Park. So when I was invited to be part of the event I was more than happy to jump on board and be a vendor. Now, this is not entirely a handmade show. It  will also be Art Walk in the artist village and other pop up shops, live music DJ's, food trucks a fashion show.. etc etc..  We will be occupying a vacant space on 4th Street / Bush Street called La Paloma. We will have a pop-up shop featuring local and emerging designers and jewelry designers along with handmade edibles from Three Hearts Bake Shop and fun accessories from Whimsy & Ink 

If you are part of the handmade community and are interested in being a vendor please contact Julia @ Info@ocfashionassociation.com

I recently picked up some rad findings while on holiday in Denver so I will be using them in some of my pieces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post!
- Christina Sanchez