Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recap on Handmade Brigade's Block Party & upcoming LBMA After Dark w/ Long Beach Craft Mafia



Handmade Brigade's Block Party Indie Craft Show last Saturday was great.. Met some really cool people as well as ran into vendors who I have shown with in past craft fair shows. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to roam the booths until the very end and by that point vendors were wrapping things. I did chat with Jonathan from J. Holden Designs about a possible collaboration. I have blogged about it his stuff in the past. Resin meets copper meets minimal beauty. I found out that his real job is working for a jewelry designer in LA.. Makes since why his stuff is so rad. I am a fan. Anyhoo I was also excited to meet Klai Brown of Lerf Ewe. Bummed that by the time I got to her booth which she was splitting with Kelso Doesn't Dance she was nearly packed. Well, the ladies who are also part of the Long Beach Craft Mafia invited me to the upcoming Long Beach Museum of Art After Dark event taking place Thursday, July 15, 2010 from 6pm-10pm.

Long Beach Craft Mafia will be out with craft demos as well as live art and  live music along with DJ sets.. Best part is the Happy hour specials on food and drinks provided by Claire's at the Museum . I on the other hand can not partake in the food/drinks because I am on a gnarly diet where my meal is a shake and in the evening a small portion of steamed veggies. Yippee!!! There is an admission of $10..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post!
- Christina Sanchez