Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graffiti Beach Indie Lux show.. 5/8/2010

                                        

Last week I was one of many vendors at the Graffiti Beach Indie Pop Up show at Hotel Maya.. I split a booth with my good friend Gina who makes handmade/painted clip in hair extensions. Check her Etsy out. I also got one of my coworkers from the salon to participate and be part of prepping for the models for the fashion show. It was indeed a long day but doing shows are so much fun. Lots of friends and clients came out to check out the show (Gina and I are both hairstylist so that is why I refer to clients) The turn out was good. I was surprised. In fact I talked so much that day to curious perusers and customers who had questions about what I make and wanted the entire low down that my ass ended up with a "talked too much" headache. I haven't done that much talking since it was the holidays at the salon.. I love answering questions especially when it comes to vintage items!! There was everything from furniture designers, clothing and jewelry designers and hair!! Plus live art and a silent art auction! Some of the artist included Brad Parker,  Michael Pukac and more..

The hotel was amazing. Modern contemporary boutique style. Not your lame run of the mill boring chain. We ended up staying the nite at the hotel. Dinned at Hotel Maya's restaurant Fuego with my friends/owner of the Meleesa Salon who were also out at the show doing complementary hairstyling! Best part was being asked if I would design and make the jewelry for a brides wedding! I am so excited and honored that she would want to rock my jewelry on her big day! I met some really cool people and vendors. Now I have several other shows upcoming in June and July... Keep posted for more info.. Big one is Patchwork in Santa Ana!! See you all soon!

(LMT)
~Le Modern Trinket
~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post!
- Christina Sanchez