Thursday, August 26, 2010

CORE: the show another LMT gig.




Another show coming up. I (LMT) was invited by the OC Arts & Culture organization to be a vendor at the upcoming CORE: the show scheduled  for August 28, 2010 at the Chapman University Partridge Dance Center in Orange, CA. It will be a collective of dancers who go by the name of  "The Core Collective". The Core Collective will be showcasing emerging choreographers in concert and on film. The Orange County Art and Culture magazine will also be presenting emerging artists in a near by gallery. 


 The Core Collective's Mission statement...   "The Core Collective is an organization for emerging dancers and choreographers that provides these artists the space, bodies, freedom, dialogue, feedback, and support they need in a cooperative environment to grow into the creators and performers they aspire to become.  The Core Collective also aims to creatively engage new audiences and the greater community in dance"

I'm pretty excited about this event. I haven't shown since our last show at the Box Shop at the Box Gallery on August 14th. Since then I have made some more trinkets in which I will be showcasing at the Core: the show event! Another vendor will be local Orange County artist Michael White who will be showcasing his vending art machines aka Vending Art Company. They are postage stamp machines that sell small art. Some of the artist are Glenn Arthur, Nikol Stein, Michael White (fab-ri-cate), Jared Konopitski and more. 

Where: Chapman University Partridge Dance Center.
              190 N. Cypress St. Orange, CA. 92866

Date: August 28, 2010 

Time: 7PM (doors open) Performance at 8PM

This is an all ages event.. Tickets are $9.01 which can be purchased through Brown Paper Tickets 
Hope to see you there.. Not sure where my booth will be but I was told I will be indoors so no 10x10 pop up this time.. But I will have my signage! 




1 comment:

  1. Sweet. See you there! Thanks for mentioning my things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your post!
- Christina Sanchez